In this episode we are going to talk about Facebook. And more specifically, how to get more Facebook fans.
Why Facebook is still important:
- Still the biggest social network (after email)
- Publishers pay attention to Facebook, particularly your PTAT score.
12 Ways to Get More Fans:
- Create sharable content particularly photos.
- Put a Facebook like box on the sidebar of your website. Shows people their friends that already like your page. Good for credibility.
- Convert your personal page into a business page.
- Invite your friends (but don’t go crazy)
- Get a Facebook Vanity URL
- Post photos from a shared event.
- Put a link to your Facebook on paper (promotional bookmarks, back of your book, etc).
- Put a Facebook icon on your website prominently. People will google you looking for your facebook. You want your website, the first thing up, to have an easy path to Facbeook.
- Contests (combine contests with advertising. For every $1 you spend on the prize you
- should spend another $2 on advertising.)
- Email: Put a link to your Facebook on your email newsletter. Also put your URL in your email signature.
Some things not to try:
- Buying fake fans on Fiver or eBay.
- Spamming other social networks asking people to switch to Facebook.
- Suggesting your page to friends over and over again.
Give people a reason to return. “What is in it for me?”