In this episode we are going to talk about how independent authors can use crowdfunding to promote and pay for their next book.
What is crowdfunding?
- Mary DeMuth’s Story
- Marci Seither’s Story
- The Adventures of Pearley Monroe.”
Benefits of Crowdfunding:
- Get money now, deliver the book later.
- Test your idea. See how much demand there is for your book.
- Promote Your Book
- Crowdfunding creates a sense of excitement
- Crowdfunding creates a sense of urgency.
- Crowdfunding creates a sense of scarcity.
- Crowdfunding creates a sense of popularity.
Dangers of Crowdfunding:
- Failure is very public.
- Steep learning curve.
- Time … it’s a job!