Why do people buy books?
- An substitute to boring evening
- Smart and Sophisticated
- Writing doesn’t matter. Some Assembly Required
- Make a Promise & Over Deliver
Escape (Sci-Fi & Amish)
- One persons escape is not another person’s escape. Amish and SciFi are both escape but for different people. This is why Amish Vampires in Space failed to take off despite being well written.
- The common factor in all three of these reasons is emotion. If your book moves someone emotionally it will continue to sell.
You can rank any book on this scale.
- Shack 10 on education. 1 on entertainment and 1 on escape.
- The Harbinger 10 on education. 1 on entertainment and 1 on escape.
- Twilight – Escape 10. Entertainment 5 out of 10. Education 1 out of 10.
- The Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy- 10 on Entertainment, 5 on education and 0 on escape.
It doesn’t matter what your overall score is. It only matters if you are a 9 or 10 in one category.
Bestseller Society’s Marketing Academy – Is marketing overwhelming for you? It doesn’t need to be. Thomas Umstattd has dozens of teachings within the Bestseller Society Marketing Academy that will make marketing much easier and less overwhelming.